Monday, July 12, 2010

The Return


WHOA! It's been a long long time since my lost post. I blame PLAD (Post-Lost-Anxiety-Disorder) for most of it, but alas, I am better...Or what some people would still call "Unhealthy", since I've started my LOST rewatch, and in a certain circumstance, my LOST re-write, writing scripts for things I personally would of liked to see on the show, but...that's another post on its own. Anyway.

I went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter the other day. I'm pretty amazed with what they pulled off down here in Orlando, even if it's just a small slice of an already existing theme park, it was still pretty impressive. The new ride "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" was pretty freaking intense, and when I say intense, I mean it was a freaking nightmare. Giant spiders spitting water in your faces, while Dementors try and suck out your soul, as the Whomping Willow attempts to smash the junk out of you. It was pretty epic. But I recommend they attach a disclaimer to the ride entrance saying it may or may not completely destroy your child's will to live. Because I think it's pretty horrifying...

Other than that, I haven't been doing too much. Mostly living in my imagination, working on a few ideas that are completely bigger than I am, so I've brought a few friends on board. We're working on a little project I like to call EARTH³, which is a super-intense science fiction fantasy epic based on the Earth, if it was a cube. That's ride. A cube earth. And in this world there are rules that must be followed and wars brewing between the sides of this world, and I really hope it'll be successful one day. I'm talking San Diego Comic Con successful.

But for now I'm still working at Starbucks, making Venti Chai Frappuccinos every single day of my creatively void life. That is until September when a tiny independent film production is coming to my dinky-suck-fest of a town. And this tiny production is called Transformers 3. I've gotten in touch with a few people and am currently throwing together a resume of my very brief film experience (which amounts to being an extra in FINAL DESTINATION 4), and a cover letter telling them of my UNDYING NEED TO BE A PART OF THIS PRODUCTION!

Seriously. My town sucks. Hardcore sucks. There is absolutely NO film industry around here. So when a film as giant and explosive as Transformers swings into town, there is NO WAY I'll be steaming milk and pouring espresso shots when Michael Bay is blowing shit up across town. Oh hell no. So. I'll keep you updated on that. It could lead to really great things.

...Like networking with the right people who may or may not get me onto the set of STAR TREK 2, which would put me in high-five distance from Damon Lindelof and JJ Abrams. And when that happens...Be warned...The Earth's crust might turn into green jello for a few minutes.

Until then. I'll try and write on here more often. Once a week at LEAST.

Thanks for being so awesome and for reading! You won't regret it, I promise!

-Josh


PS: Eclipse sucked major butt, but so did THE LAST AIRBENDER, which broke my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment